Local Computer Help can provide remote support for your home or office at a great rate.
Ready for help? Book in a remote support job by calling us – it’s that simple!
If your issue is not internet related we can, with your permission, securely and promptly access your computer from our location to diagnose and fix your computer issue. Should the matter require an onsite visit or further troubleshooting we can indicate that quickly via remote access.
What is remote support?
Remote support and computer help is when a computer technician accesses your computer to help you with your computer issues. They can provide fixes for you relating many software problems you may be encountering. You are able to watch what they are completing at all times on your computer screen.
Why is remote support helpful?
- IT support can be provided immediately in most cases if your computer is connected to the Internet.
- It is cost effective as the computer technician can assist from their office.
- Often solutions can be provided quickly or advice can be given if an onsite visit is required.
Be wary of remote support which you have not requested. If someone, unknown to yourself, requests you provide them remote support or access to your computer you should ensure that they are a creditable 3rd party. Often these ‘scammer‘ pose as representative of large and well known organizations such as Microsoft or Google.
If you are unsure of their intentions and you have not engaged them in a service yourself you should never provide them access.
How does remote support work?
- Your Local Computer Help technician will prompt you over the phone to install remote access software called Teamviewer (or similar) – if required.
- They will then ask for your user ID to be provided along with the password.
- Once logged in you should see them take control of your mouse to begin remote support.
- The technician may remain on the phone with you at this stage or indicate they will call you back once a solution has been completed.
- At the end of the session it will indicate that they have logged out of your computer.
Please note: remote support is only available weekdays between 8am and 6pm.